Leading the way in smart grid utility metering, the high-accuracy PowerLogic ION8650 meter is the premium socket / switchboard meter for grid revenue, power quality, and substation automation applications.
There are three different meter models to suit your needs according to features and functionality:
- High accuracy, single current range (2 times more accurate than existing ANSI/IEC Class 0.2 standards from 0.010A-20A)
- IEC 61850 protocol including COMTRADE support
- IEC 61000-4-30 Class A/S power quality measurement method
- Power quality compliance monitoring of international quality-of-supply standards (IEEE 519, EN50160, IEC 61000-4-7, IEC 61000-4-15, CBEMA/ITIC)
- Increased onboard memory – ION8650A/B/C (128Mb/64Mb/32Mb)
- 1024 samples/cycle measurements for all voltage/current channels
- Dual simultaneous low (32 samples/cycle) and high resolution (1024 samples/cycle) voltage waveform capture
- Up to 5 simultaneous communicating ports (*Limited to 3 ports on C model): Ethernet, modem, RS-232/485, RS-485, front ANSI optical port
- User selectable industry standard protocols available through serial and Ethernet including: Itron MV-90, Modbus, Modbus Master, DNP 3.0 and IEC 61850.
- User customizable register maps for Modbus and DNP protocols
- Ethernet and modem gateway for up to31 devices on each RS-485 port
- On-board web server, email alarms and data logs
- Easily integrate with PowerLogic ION Enterprise operations software or other energy management systems
The PowerLogic ION8650 gives utilities the tools to manage complex energy supply contracts, perform power quality analysis and provide data to multiple different utility systems.
Revenue metering and power quality