“Power quality related problems and outages at critical facilities like industrial plants and data centers are not only costly in direct terms, they have significant intangible costs through their impact to system operations and power availability,” said Ram Kaushik, offer manager with Schneider Electric. “The new Power Quality Advisor Module demonstrates our commitment to innovating at every level by providing tangible data and actionable business insights to improve the operational efficiency of the facility floor. Easy-to-understand data analytics dashboards allow operators to quickly identify problem areas. Experts can then use this intelligence to deploy potential solutions to mitigate PQ issues and improve system performance and reliability.”
Power Quality Advisor is available as part of StruxureWare™ Power Monitoring Expert and the PowerSCADA software family for integrated energy and power management systems (EPMS).
- Power quality indicators – Easy-to-understand color indicators quickly communicate power quality problems as well as detailed information of issues and impact.
- Progress tracking – Aggregation, baselining and timeline functionality allows facilities to monitor and improve progress over time.
- Power factor penalty calculations – Easily calculate the dollar impact of poor power factor to quickly quantify the impact on energy bills.
- Power quality event information – PQ event data, including location and impact, are shown with user-friendly visualizations.
- Integration support for power quality mitigation equipment – Power quality mitigation equipment can be integrated with the module interface, including dedicated equipment pages, allowing performance monitoring and diagnosis.
By some industry estimates, power quality issues cost U.S. facilities as much as $120B-$180B annually. Schneider Electric’s power management software, including Power Quality Advisor, provides the critical visualization and dashboard analytics facility managers and plant operators need to maximize system reliability, efficiency and safety.
Contact Quasar for further information.