- Enable on-site monitoring of the complete substation or switching station from one point
- Provide the facility to change the configuration and settings of protection relays and IEDs
- To operate devices, and reset tripped units
- Provide extensive alarming and logging of events
- Information upstream to National SCADA
Transpower is the owner and operator of the New Zealand's National Grid – the high voltage transmission network of lines and substations connecting areas of generation with towns and cities across the country. To 'keep the lights on 24 hours a day 7 days a week' Transpower needs to monitor substations closely, provide control, monitor operational data, and feed this data upstream to National SCADA.
Quasar has been responsible for SCADA systems at key Transpower substations and switching stations. These systems monitor equipment such as protection relays and IEDs, and provide;